Sunday, September 8, 2013

~* Quick Update and a couple of Outfits *~

Thanks for your patience everyone! I know it has been forever since I posted to the blog - due to my pregnancy and the baby-bat's birth etc - however there are a great deal of future entries that I've been working on! Stay tuned! I just need time to complete everything and at the moment my baby-bat is not allowing me to do anything, including sleep.

In the mean time, here are a few recent-ish outfits:

I wore this ensemble to a child's second birthday party last year (before I was pregnant of course). In sewing class, I converted a vintage mourning dress into a top and skirt (since I never really wear dresses, I knew I'd get more wear out of it if it was a top and skirt).

With my cardigan on, here is the end result:


And with my cardigan off - you can see the interesting sleeves:


The fabric was sort of cheese-clothy, I can't describe it, but it was really comfortable for the hot weather. I'm also wearing my adorable choker that was handmade by a lovely lady and I purchased it at the Black Market (alternative goth market) last year!

Also, just a couple of weeks ago, I treated myself to an afternoon of delightful thrift shopping (known as opp shopping in Australia) and unearthed splendid stuff: including black eye shadow, a Buffy top, a Mad Hatter top (pictured below), a Lolita style skirt (shown below), & cute gothy shoes for the babybat! Bliss!


You can see how I look post-pregnancy here - obviously I need to lose a fair bit of weight but I haven't been able to exercise for a few months. I hardly have time to even have a shower these days! The challenges of looking after a newborn and a toddler have been a lot more difficult than I thought! Here's hoping things will improve soon so I can function as a human again.

Also, be sure to "Like" my Facebook page where I post interesting, gothy things quite regularly! And please note my new link to Bloglovin!

2 comments:

  1. You always look so fabulous! I love the converted mourning dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanx, the truth is no-one looks as fabulous as you do! Sometimes I wish I could steal your wardrobe... :o)

      Delete